Welcome to Sportmed Mosgiel Physiotherapy
We are open for face-to-face Physiotherapy consultations from Thursday 14th May. Call us on 034897557 extn 2 to book an apppointment or book online.
MEASURES WE WILL TAKE TO ENSURE STANDARDS ARE UPHELD AT SPORTSMED MOSGIEL PHYSIOTHERAPY UNDER ALERT LEVEL 2 (these standards are in line with the standards set by the Ministry of Health and The Physiotherapy Board of NZ for Alert Level 2)
- When booking an appointment you will be asked a series of questions over the phone to ensure it is appropriate for you to be seen face-to-face in the clinic.
- We will use our clinical judgement to determine if you require any other services such as A&E or urgent care/radiology, prior to coming into the clinic.
- You will be screened for COVID-19 signs or symptoms prior to being offered a consultation in the clinic.
- When attending Sportsmed Mosgiel Physiotherapy you will be re-screened for Covid-19 symptoms on arrival
- Rooms will not be shared by physiotherapists. Each physiotherapist will have a designated room.
- All surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected before and after every consultation.
- Your physiotherapist may be wearing PPE and you are more than welcome to wear PPE. As physiotherapists, we are guided by the MoH and it is not an expectation that we wear PPE unless we are dealing with vulnerable patients or at your request
- There will be PPE available at the clinic for patients to wear if required
- We will follow all hand and hygiene practices (see below).
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- We will clean surfaces regularly such as touch screens, plinths, door handles, EFTPOS machines
- Couches and chairs in the waiting area will be spaced out to ensure social distancing
- We will ensure all contact details are up to date and we will be keeping a register of who has been in the clinic in case contact tracing is required at a later date.
- You will be required to ‘hand sanitise’ on arrival and departure from the clinic.
- If there is any paperwork which needs to be filled out, this will be done by the physiotherapist. You will be given a clean pen to sign any paperwork.
- We need to keep numbers to a minimum so please come alone to your appointment if possible. However, a carer or guardian may be allowed to accompany you if we deem it to be appropriate. They will also be screened for COVID-19 signs or symptoms.
- During the initial part of the assessment, we need to maintain 1m distancing and minimise close contact.
- There will be no sheets and pillowcases used on the beds and all surfaces will be wiped down and disinfected.
- Contactless payment is preferred which will be via paywave on EFTPOS or exact cash payment into a slotted money tin.
If you have any questions please contact us on 034897557 extn 2 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org